Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The cake is a lie

There is nothing more meaningless than the last week of school. I have done all tasks. They are putting my grades together on a paper and I will get them the day after tomorrow. I haven't went to school all week and I am not going today either. Why should I? It is just embarrassing when they try to keep us busy with things we do not need to do.
Instead I am working on a module to the RPG Action! and just hanging around. Trying to write some stuff, trying to get a job that doesn't make me want to kill everything and blow up the world.
I actually feel pretty good.

The apartement looks like crap though. Both me and August has been working on so many projects that there just hasn't been any time left for cleaning, washing and doing dishes. We just sit in our little worlds and... well. Do nothing.

My birthday came and went. We finished it off with watching Drag me to Hell. Goddamn what an awful movie that was. I could never figure out if they tried to do serious horror or comedious splatter. It just kept changing between the two genres all the time. I like movies that make you think, but this one just made me confused and left a bad taste in my mouth. Not like Bad Taste where you know what you get. Not like a real horror movie which actually always has some style to it. Just classical horror elements matched with tasteless and really silly scenes. They should have named it "Confusing as Hell" instead.

Yesterday I watched The Princess and the Frog. It's been a while since last time I saw a Disney movie. I think they lost my interest with Pocahontas and all the computer animations, and after that I've just watched their works now and then when they've gotten in my way.
This one I wanted to see because Nostalgia Critic brings it up in one of his lists, and it seemd to be very cool. And actually - it was! It was the best Disney movie I have ever seen. It is beautifully made, the characters are great, the music is cozy and the evil dude is one really evil dude. It didn't hurt that it was set in New Orleans, and for the moment I have a little crush on everything about New Orleans, Voodoo, swamps and such.

Ah... time to go look up some recipe for gumbo. I always did wanted to make gumbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment